Monday, October 9, 2006

The ME! Page


Hello!
This is just a brief bit about me.



I have been a professional photographer since 1999, and as you can see from my work, I love film!
I use film as it gives an unique look with interesting characteristics. The colors, scratches, and vignettes you see are all derived from the cameras, films and processes I use in my film photography. I use alternative processes and old cameras to obtain my look.
In my digital work, I try to use very little photoshop editing except for the basics. What you will not see in my work is fake instragram photos inspired by the look of film. . So every thing you see, is the the REAL DEAL!

 I also love printmaking, collage & making videos.
I have two Photography Degrees, one from Hallmark Institute Of Photography, and one from Paier College of Art, BFA of Photography and Visual Arts Summa Cum Laude. I teach middle school art and have also taught at the elementary & high school levels. In addition to my photography degrees I have a Post-Bach Graduate Art Education Teaching Degree from Westfield State College as well as a MA in Art Education from Boston University.
I love flea markets, vintage clothing, toys and cameras.
I grew up in Minnesota and Connecticut but we currently make our home in Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
My talented, loving and handsome husband, Clinton Smith is a glass blower and we share a two-story photo studio/glass studio on our property.
I love to eat out, especially Indian Food. I hate cooking and cleaning.
I love to figure skate and have been skating since I was five years old. Most recently I passed my Adult Bronze Freestyle & Moves-In-The-Field skating tests.
We share our home with two demanding cats and our baby boy. 
 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop